Metro
Death On Duty: LASTMA Official Crushed While Evacuating Apapa Trucks

A truck, on Saturday, crushed an officer of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, Mrs Folashade Arogundade, 33, to death.
The officer was said to be one of the personnel deployed in Apapa to ensure the evacuation of articulated trucks from the road with a view to restoring sanity and orderliness in the area.
It was learnt that Arogundade, who was overseeing the evacuation, was hit by a truck that was put on the reverse gear by its driver.
The incident was said to have occurred around 4.45pm on Saturday.
A source told PUNCH Metro that when the driver of the truck realised that he had knocked down someone, he took to his heels.
The source said the officer’s colleagues took her to the General Hospital, Apapa, where she was confirmed dead.
The source stated, “I saw when the truck hit her while it was reversing. The back of the vehicle knocked her down and the back tyres crushed her.
“Before her colleagues could notice what had happened, the driver of the truck had escaped from the area. Some of her colleagues took her to hospital and some, who came back later, told us that she was dead before she got to the hospital.”
The Public Relations Officer, LASTMA, Mr Mahmud Hassan, who confirmed the incident, lamented that Arogundade was killed while performing her lawful duty of implementing the Federal Government’s directive of getting rid of articulated vehicles in Apapa.
According to him, the incident was caused by the nonchalant attitude of the truck driver, adding that the truck had been taken to the police station, while investigation was ongoing to determine the whereabouts of the fleeing driver.
Hassan added that the 33-year-old Arogundade was survived by her two-year-old daughter, husband, mother and grandmother, adding that the husband works in a local government council in the state.
He said, “The officer was killed around 4.30pm on Saturday around the Area ‘B’ Police Station in Apapa, where she was performing her lawful duty of trying to implement the directive of the government that LASTMA and other security agencies should get rid of articulated trucks in Apapa so that sanity and orderliness can return to the area.
“An articulated vehicle reversed and hit her where she was performing her lawful duty. The vehicle rammed into her and pushed her to the ground and the back tyres climbed on her.
“She was immediately rushed to the General Hospital, Apapa, by her colleagues, but the medical personnel on duty confirmed that she was brought in dead. Her body was deposited in the General Hospital, Lagos Island’s morgue on Saturday.”
The General Manager, LASTMA, Mr Musa Olawale, condoled with the family of the victim, adding that 30 officers of the agency had been assaulted between the first quarter and May this year.
Olawale, who spoke through Hassan, warned motorists and members of the public against assaulting or doing anything that would jeopardise the lives of traffic officers.
He added that if anyone had anything against any traffic officer, they should not take the law into their hands but forward their complaints to the agency, which would look into such a matter and deal with it accordingly.
The Punch
Metro
Two Ibadan Men Docked Over Possession of Human Skull, Other Body Parts

Two men, Ridwan Bello aka ‘Asalailu’ and Fatai Adeleke, have been arraigned before an Iyaganku Chief Magistrate Court in Ibadan, Oyo State, for alleged unlawful possession of a human head and other body parts of a female corpse.
Bello, 42, of Odo-Aba Street, and Fatai Adeleke, 70, of an unknown address were arraigned on four count charges of conspiracy, possession of a human head, interference with the dead, and breach of public peace.
The Prosecutor, ASP Foluke Adedosu, told the court that the defendants, along with others at large, conspired to commit the offences.
She alleged that on March 18, at about 3:00am., at Odo-Aba Street, Muslim Area, Ibadan, Bello was found in possession of a human head and other dismembered body parts, believed to be those of late Mrs. Adebimpe Akinbo.
“A female human head, severed limbs, dried bones, and other remains stored in bags and a paint bucket were allegedly recovered from Bello’s house,” Adedosu told the court.
She alleged that Bello exhumed Akinbo’s body from Saint Andrews Anglican Church Cemetery in Awa-Ijebu, Ogun State, for ritual purposes.
Adedosu told the court that Adeleke knowingly bought the human parts from Bello for the same purpose.
The prosecutor said the defendants allegedly indecently interfered with and desecrated the body of the deceased by exhuming and dismembering it.
She added that their actions disrupted public peace and violated Sections 242 (1)(b), 249 (d), 329A, and 516 of the Oyo State Criminal Code Laws, 2000.
Both defendants pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Magistrate, Mrs. A.T. Oyediji, granted them bail in the sum of N500,000 each, with two sureties in like sum.
She then adjourned the case to May 8 for further hearing.
NAN
Metro
Gatmash, Access Bank Launch ‘PAD Me A Girl Initiative’ to Revolutionalise Menstrual Hygiene

Access Bank Plc, a leading financial institution in Nigeria, has partnered “PAD Me A Girl Initiative,” a project of GATMASH MEDIA, to launched a ‘Pad Bank’ at Area 1, Internally Displaced Persons Camp (IDP), Durumi, Abuja.
The launching which took place today, 3rd April, 2025, is a project of GATMASH MEDIA, aimed at providing free sanitary pads to girls and women.
Theresa Moses, the Convener of the “PAD Me A Girl Initiative,” in her welcome remarks emphasized the importance of menstrual hygiene while encouraging young girls and women to prioritize their health.
She observed that this initiative marks a significant milestone in promoting menstrual hygiene and providing reusable sanitary pads to young girls and women in need.
Highlighting the alarming statistics of menstrual poverty in Nigeria, she disclosed that about 37% of menstruating girls and women lack access to sanitary pads due to financial constraints.
According to Theresa Moses, the project would help to educate young girls and women on proper menstrual hygiene practices, while dispelling various myths and misconceptions surrounding menstruation.
“The ‘PAD Bank’ will provide reusable sanitary pads, reducing waste and promoting sustainability while making menstrual products more accessible for free.
“The initiative seeks to break the silence surrounding menstruation, encouraging open conversations and promoting a culture of understanding and support,” Theresa Moses reiterated.
On her part, Mrs. Blessing Jonah Amos, Parenting Coach, led an informative session on menstrual hygiene, usage of reusable sanitary pads, and healthy lifestyle practices.
The Divisional Police Officer, Area 1, CSP Ola Rotimi Ebidero, provided valuable security tips to women and young girls, urging them to report suspicious activities to the police.
The Access “PAD Me A Girl Initiative” has partnership with several organizations, including Checkers Custard which distributed Checkers Custard and Checkers Custard Pap Flavour, Vita Baites Foods markers of delicious and crunchy ‘kuli-kuli’ which distributed their products and Jeffrey Kuraun Foundation, ProStar, and more.
Exercise books and other writing materials, cartons of Instant noodles, bags of sachets water were among the items distributed during the exercise.
The launch of ‘PAD Bank’ marks a significant step in addressing menstrual poverty and promoting menstrual hygiene education, as the initiative aims to expand its frontiers, providing support to more communities and individuals.
By partnering with organizations and individuals, the “PAD Me A Girl Initiative” seeks to create a society where menstrual hygiene is prioritized, and young girls and women can thrive without limitation, and robust access to pads for their personal hygiene.
Metro
Tinubu Felicitates with Aare EmmanuelKing at 50

Nigeria’s President, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has congratulated the Chairman, Adron Group, Aare Adetola Olaniyi Emmanuel-King, as he celebrates his 50th birthday.
The President, according to a statement by his Special Adviser, Information and Strategy, Mr. Bayo Onanuga, “joins family, friends, and well-wishers to celebrate the entrepreneur and philanthropist who has remained steadfast in making affordable housing accessible to many Nigerians.
“Aare Emmanuel-King, with over 62 estates and a workforce of 3,000, has received numerous chieftaincy titles and awards in property and estate development, including Lagos State Man of the Year (2019) and Property Developer of the Year (2021).
“President Tinubu commends the real estate developer for his contributions to the government’s vision of reducing the nation’s housing deficit.
“The President wishes Aare Emmanuel-King joyful celebrations and continued success in his endeavours.”