Metro
LSSTF: Ogunsan Marks 100 Days in Office, Hints on Plans to Introduce Drones
The Executive Secretary and Chief Executive Officer of the Lagos State Security Trust Fund, Mr Ayodele Ogunsan, made the disclosure on Monday during a press briefing marking his first 100 days in office.
He explained that the initiative is aimed at strengthening aerial monitoring and improving rapid response to security threats.
Ogunsan revealed that the Trust Fund is preparing to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Nigerian Air Force and the Nigeria Police Airwing to facilitate coordinated air-based security operations across Lagos.
According to him, the partnership will involve the deployment of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, UAVs, commonly referred to as drones, to significantly boost surveillance coverage, intelligence collection and operational coordination among security agencies.
He noted that as Nigeria’s commercial hub, Lagos requires continuous investment in modern security infrastructure to protect lives, property and economic activities.
Reviewing his stewardship so far, Ogunsan said the Trust Fund had expanded its financial capacity through targeted fundraising strategies and deeper engagement with stakeholders.
He disclosed that 80 new operational and patrol vehicles had been deployed to strengthen security presence and response time across the state, adding that additional vehicles would be delivered in the coming months.
The Trust Fund boss also announced that a private donor had committed to building a permanent office complex for the agency, while efforts were underway to rehabilitate previously abandoned Armoured Personnel Carriers and return them to active service.
Looking ahead, Ogunsan said the Fund plans to introduce statewide training programmes for security personnel, focusing on professionalism, tactical efficiency and improved service delivery.
He reaffirmed the Fund’s commitment to transparency, accountability, innovation and strategic partnerships, stressing that these principles remain central to sustaining a safe and secure Lagos.
“Through collaboration and innovation, we will continue to strengthen security and ensure a safer environment for all residents,” he added.
DailyPost
Metro
Adron Homes Felicitates with Muslim Ummah on Ramadan, Solicits Unity
Adron Homes & Properties Limited has congratulated Muslim faithful on the commencement of the holy month of Ramadan, urging Nigerians to embrace the virtues of sacrifice, discipline, and compassion that define the season.
In a statement made available to journalists, the company described Ramadan as a period of deep reflection, spiritual renewal, and strengthened devotion to faith and humanity.
According to the management, the holy month represents values that align with the organisation’s commitment to integrity, resilience, and community development.

“Ramadan is a time that teaches patience, generosity, and selflessness. As our Muslim customers and partners begin the fast, we pray that their sacrifices are accepted and that the season brings peace, joy, and renewed hope to their homes and the nation at large,” the statement read.
The firm reaffirmed its dedication to providing affordable and accessible housing solutions to Nigerians, noting that building homes goes beyond structures to creating environments where families can thrive.
Adron Homes further urged citizens to use the period to pray for national unity, economic stability, and sustainable growth.
It wished all Muslim faithful a spiritually fulfilling Ramadan.
Ramadan Mubarak.
Metro
Gunmen Invade Ondo Palace, Kill Monarch in Failed Abduction Attempt
Suspected armed bandits have killed a traditional ruler, Oba Kehinde Falodun, the Alagamo of Agamo community, during a violent assault on his palace in Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State.
The attackers, reportedly about 10 in number, were said to have stormed the monarch’s residence on Wednesday evening in what residents described as an attempted abduction of the royal father and members of his household.
According to the Olori (Queen), who narrowly escaped, the gunmen initially attempted to whisk the monarch away but encountered resistance before the situation escalated.
“The bandits just came and started shooting. They were about 10. Three stayed at the entrance while others came inside. I ran into the bush. They shot at me, but it did not affect me,” she said.
She added that when the kidnappers failed to subdue the monarch, they resorted to violence.
“They kept dragging my husband, and I kept shouting for help. Later, they hit something on his head and stomach. He has been killed,” she said.
Confirming the incident on Thursday, spokesman for the Nigeria Police Force in Ondo State, DSP Abayomi Jimoh, said the command received distress information around 7:50 pm from a community leader.
He said about six armed men invaded the palace, forcefully took the monarch from his compound, and fled.
“The victim was later found a few metres away with gunshot wounds. He was confirmed dead at the scene,” Jimoh stated.
He disclosed that the Divisional Police Officer, alongside tactical teams, immediately mobilised officers and local security groups, including Amotekun Corps, hunters, and Atuluse vigilantes, to comb nearby bushes in search of the attackers.
According to him, surveillance has been intensified across the area while efforts continue to track and apprehend the suspects.
“The Command assures residents that no stone will be left unturned in bringing those responsible to justice,” he added.
Meanwhile, elders and traditional chiefs in Agamo have condemned the killing, describing the late monarch as a peace-loving leader who played a major role in resolving disputes and promoting development in the community.
A community leader, who asked not to be named, said the attack has created fear and a leadership vacuum.
“This is a painful loss to us. Kabiyesi was very close to the people. We appeal to government and security agencies to act fast and ensure those behind this are arrested,” he said.
The incident adds to growing security concerns in the state, where kidnappings, attacks on farmers, and assaults on rural communities have increased in recent months.
Metro
While We Banned Minibus Operations in Lekki – Lagos Govt
The Lagos State Government has declared that the restriction of unregulated minibuses, popularly called Korope, along the Lekki-Epe Expressway is a permanent, data-driven policy, following a protest by the drivers.
In an official rejoinder on Tuesday, signed by the Special Adviser on Transportation to the Governor, Sola Giwa, the state condemned the blockade of the Ajah axis, describing the drivers’ actions as “economic sabotage” and a threat to public safety.
The statement read: “The attention of the Lagos State Ministry of Transportation has been drawn to reports of a protest by operators of Korope minibuses which temporarily obstructed movement along the Lekki–Epe Expressway, particularly around the Ajah axis.
“For the avoidance of doubt, the Lekki–Epe corridor has formally transitioned into a Mass Transit and Regulated Transport Corridor under the Bus Reform Initiative (BRI) framework of the Lagos State Government.
“This transition is deliberate, data-driven, and in alignment with the State’s long-term vision for a safer, more efficient, and economically viable transport ecosystem.”
“The restriction of unregulated Korope operations on that expressway is not sudden, arbitrary, or targeted,” the statement continued.
“Stakeholder engagement preceded enforcement. Multiple consultations were held with transport unions, corridor operators, and relevant associations. Sensitisation exercises, public advisories, and structured notifications were issued well ahead of enforcement to ensure clarity and compliance,” it noted.
Giwa condemned the protest, which saw several of minibus drivers use their vehicles to obstruct the expressway, and left thousands of commuters stranded.
He wrote: “It is, therefore, unfortunate that despite being fully aware of the policy direction and the regulatory position of government, certain operators chose to disrupt public order by blocking a critical expressway that serves thousands of commuters daily. Such actions undermine public safety, economic productivity, and the collective progress of the corridor.
“The Lekki–Epe Expressway is a strategic economic artery linking residential, commercial, industrial, and maritime assets including the Free Trade Zone. Allowing unregulated operations that compromise traffic flow, safety standards, and structured mass transit reforms would reverse the gains already recorded on the corridor.”
He confirmed he had engaged directly with the Commissioner of Police and Area Commanders to ensure “heightened enforcement, proactive patrol, and sustained vigilance” to prevent further breakdowns of law and order.
The state government urged the protesting drivers to align with the new regulatory framework rather than resorting to chaos.
The statement read: “We urge all operators to align with the regulatory framework guiding the corridor and embrace structured participation within the formal transport system.
“Reforms under the Bus Reform Initiative are designed to improve safety, predictability, and dignity within the transport ecosystem. Lawful engagement remains welcome. However, disruption of public infrastructure will not be tolerated.”






