Headlines
My Son’s Killers Gained Entry Through the Ceiling – Na’Allah
Senator Bala Na’Allah, who represents Kebbi South Senatorial District of Kebbi State, said he spoke to his son, Abdulkareem, a few hours before the news of his death on Sunday.
The lawmaker, who is the Chairman, Senate Committee on Air Force, noted that the discussion he had with his son was largely on the disturbing security situation across the country.
Captain Abdulkareem, a civil pilot, was strangled and found dead inside his bedroom at his Government Reserved Area residence in Malali, Kaduna North Local Government Area of Kaduna State, on Sunday.
The killers were reported to have gained entry into the house through the ceiling of the house.
Na’Allah, who is also a pilot, spoke while receiving the leadership of the Correspondents’ Chapel, Kaduna Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, who paid him a condolence visit in the state capital on Tuesday.
The delegation was led by the chapel’s Chairman, Hajiya Asmau Halilu.
According to the lawmaker, eight hours before the murder of his 36-year-old son, he had discussion with him over the security situation in the country, adding, “Little did he know that he had less than eight hours to live.”
Na’Allah also cautioned Nigerians against politicising the security challenges bedevilling the country and advised politicians to close ranks irrespective of political parties in order to tackle the security challenges headlong.
The lawmaker said, “Since Abdulkareem’s death, so many things continue to happen that remove the pain of his death from me. I spoke to him around 9.27pm (on Saturday). And I swear by the Holy Qur’an, the subject of our discussion was security. Little I know or little did he know that he had less than eight hours to live.
“ This insecurity issue didn’t just come in a day and it is good we understand this because if we don’t understand it, we will continue to prescribe a medicine that will not cure it and the prescription, which is dangerous to me that I have seen so far, is for politicians to attempt to politicise the issue of security.
“So, courtesy demands that we advise ourselves and look at clearly what are the issues? How do they come about? Then with that information we can prescribe the correct antidote to our problem.”
Headlines
Season of Compensations: Tinubu Submits 32 Ambassadorial Nominees to Senate
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has sent the names of 32 ambassadorial nominees to the Senate for confirmation, days after he sent the first batch of three names.
Bayo Onanuga, media aide to President Tinubu made this known in a statement on Saturday.
According to the statement, President Tinubu, in two separate letters to the President of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio asked the Senate to consider and confirm expeditiously 15 nominees as career ambassadors and 17 nominees as non-career ambassadors.
Onanuga stated that there are four women on the career ambassadors’ list and six women on the non-career ambassadors’ list.
The statement reads, “Among the non-career ambassador designates are Barrister Ogbonnaya Kalu from Abia, a former presidential aide, Reno Omokri (Delta), former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mahmud Yakubu, former Ekiti first lady, Erelu Angela Adebayo, and former Enugu governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.
“Others are Tasiu Musa Maigari, the former speaker of the Katsina House of Assembly, Yakubu N. Gambo, a former Commissioner in Plateau State and former deputy executive secretary of the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC).
“Professor Nora Ladi Daduut, a former senator from Plateau; Otunba Femi Pedro, a former deputy governor of Lagos State; Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, a former aviation minister from Osun State; and Barrister Nkechi Linda Ufochukwu from Anambra State are on the nomination list.
“Also on the list are former First Lady of Oyo, Fatima Florence Ajimobi, former Lagos Commissioner, Lola Akande, former Adamawa Senator, Grace Bent, former governor of Abia, Victor Okezie Ikpeazu, Senator Jimoh Ibrahim, businessman, lawyer and Senator from Ondo State, and the former ambassador of Nigeria to the Holy See, Ambassador Paul Oga Adikwu from Benue State.
“Among the nominees for career ambassador and high commissioner-designates are: Enebechi Monica Okwuchukwu (Abia), Yakubu Nyaku Danladi (Taraba), Miamuna Ibrahim Besto (Adamawa), Musa Musa Abubakar (Kebbi), Syndoph Paebi Endoni (Bayelsa), Chima Geoffrey Lioma David (Ebonyi) and Mopelola Adeola-Ibrahim (Ogun).
“The other nominees are Abimbola Samuel Reuben (Ondo), Yvonne Ehinosen Odumah (Edo), Hamza Mohammed Salau (Niger), Ambassador Shehu Barde (Katsina), Ambassador Ahmed Mohammed Monguno (Borno), Ambassador Muhammad Saidu Dahiru (Kaduna), Ambassador Olatunji Ahmed Sulu Gambari (Kawara) and Ambassador Wahab Adekola Akande (Osun).
“The new nominees are expected to be posted to countries with which Nigeria maintains excellent and strategic bilateral relations, such as China, India, South Korea, Canada, Mexico, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, South Africa, Kenya, and to Permanent Missions such as the United Nations, UNESCO, and the African Union. All the nominees will know their diplomatic assignments after their confirmation by the Senate.
“Last week, President Tinubu sent three ambassadorial nominees for screening and confirmation. The nominees were Ambassador Ayodele Oke (Oyo), Ambassador Amin Mohammed Dalhatu (Jigawa), and Retired Colonel Lateef Kayode Are (Ogun). All three are in the pot for posting to the UK, USA, or France after their confirmation.
“President Bola Ahmed Tinubu said more nominees for ambassadorial positions will be announced soon.”
Headlines
There Was No Coup in Guinea-Bissau, Goodluck Jonathan Insists
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has sensationally claimed that there was no coup in Guinea-Bissau.
Jonathan believes the coup announced on Wednesday, as the country’s presidential election result was about to be announced, was ceremonial, wondering how a sitting President would announce a coup.
General Horta Inta-A Na Man was sworn in on November 27, 2025, following a military coup that deposed Umaro Sissoco Embaló.
Jonathan feels that Embaló, a former senior military officer himself, cannot be so easily overthrown, insisting that something fishy played out.
Jonathan had been in Guinea-Bissau as part of a joint election observer mission deployed by the African Union (AU), ECOWAS, and the West African Elders Forum to monitor the presidential and legislative elections.
But military authorities in the country on Wednesday declared they had assumed full control of the country.
They also announced the suspension of all electoral activities and the immediate closure of national borders.
“Because, for two things: it is the president, President Embaló, who announced it. And specifically what happened in Guinea-Bissau, I wouldn’t call it a coup. It was not a coup. Maybe some people describe it as not quite… for want of a better word, I will say, maybe a ceremonial coup, because for two things: it is the president, President Embaló, that announced it, before later the military man came up to address the world that they were in charge.
“Then Embaló had already announced it, which is strange — not only announcing the coup but, while the coup took place, he was using his phone and addressing media organizations across the world that he had been arrested.
“I mean, I’m a Nigerian close to 70 years, and I know how they keep heads of state when a coup takes place.
“Recently, I was a mediator in Mali, and within that period, we had a military coup. Militaries don’t take over government and the sitting president that they overthrow would be allowed to be addressing press conferences and announcing that they are being arrested.
“Who is fooling who? Basically, what happened in Guinea-Bissau is quite disturbing to me, who believes in democracy. In fact, I feel more pains than the day I called Buhari to congratulate him when I lost the election.”
Headlines
Jonathan Finally Returns to Abuja After Evacuation from Coup-Hit Guinea-Bissau
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has returned to Abuja after being evacuated from Guinea-Bissau in the wake of a military coup in the West African country.
He arrived at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, on Thursday.
A video shared by ARISE News captured his arrival, showing Jonathan stepping down from a Guinea-Bissau government aircraft at night as supporters and officials received him.
Jonathan had travelled to the country as the head of the West African Elders Forum Election Observation Mission to monitor last Sunday’s presidential and legislative elections.
His delegation was still on the assignment when the military announced it had taken over the government.
Reports later said that Jonathan was trapped, prompting the House of Representatives, during Thursday’s plenary, to urge the Federal government to use every diplomatic channel to ensure his safe return.
The Federal government subsequently issued a statement confirming that he was safe and had left the country.
“Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is very safe and out of Guinea-Bissau. He left with a special flight with members of his delegation, including Mohamed Chambas,” the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kimiebi Ebienfa, said in an interview with journalists.






