Metro
Woman Burns Stepson’s Face with Hot Iron, Flees

A middle-aged housewife, Saude Kuti, has fled her home after allegedly torturing her 10-year-old stepson, Ezekiel Kuti, with a hot pressing iron.
PUNCH Metro learnt that Saude allegedly burnt Ezekiel’s face with a hot pressing iron for spilling groundnut oil on the floor.
It was gathered that after spilling the groundnut oil, Ezekiel filled the bottle with water in order to conceal his mistake for fear of being beaten.
The victim said Saude became furious when she came back and discovered the mixture of oil and water.
The 10-year-old told our correspondent that when the pain was too much for him, he fled the home.
He stated, “I wanted to take something in the cupboard when the groundnut oil mistakenly spilled on the floor and I immediately scooped it back into the bottle but when I realised that the oil did not fill the bottle, I added water because I wanted to avoid torture by my stepmother.
“When she came back and discovered the mixture of water and oil, she called me and asked how it happened and she started beating me, but when she discovered that I was not crying, she plugged the iron and pressed it on my face.”
The Basic 4 pupil, who noted that he had been experiencing constant beating by his stepmother before the incident, said she had done a similar thing to one of his siblings in the past by pouring hot water on her.
He added that because there was no evidence against her, the case was dropped.
However, the family has been on the lookout for the woman and has urged anybody with information on her whereabouts to contact the police.
The victim’s father, Babatunde Kuti, who noted that he did not take the matter lightly with the stepmother, said she had been on the run since the incident happened.
He stated, “If I was at home when this incident happened, I would have known what to do. When I came back and my son reported the matter to me, I took action against her.
“I did not take it lightly with her; I quarrelled with her with all my heart to the extent that a friend, who heard my voice when I was chastising her, came to meet me that I should not let it result into another thing. Since that day, I don’t know her whereabouts, because when I noticed that my son was not at home, I told her to go and look for him. As I am speaking with you, her parents have been asking me for her whereabouts.
“I told them what their daughter did but they said before they could chastise her, I should look for her first because the last place she went to was my home town and after leaving the place, I don’t know where she went to. I am a law-abiding citizen; I can’t condone my wife maltreating my children.
“A human rights organisation and a child abuse organisation have stepped in and they said any time I see her, I should get her arrested but as I’m talking to you, her whereabouts are not known to me.”
The Punch
Metro
Two Ibadan Men Docked Over Possession of Human Skull, Other Body Parts

Two men, Ridwan Bello aka ‘Asalailu’ and Fatai Adeleke, have been arraigned before an Iyaganku Chief Magistrate Court in Ibadan, Oyo State, for alleged unlawful possession of a human head and other body parts of a female corpse.
Bello, 42, of Odo-Aba Street, and Fatai Adeleke, 70, of an unknown address were arraigned on four count charges of conspiracy, possession of a human head, interference with the dead, and breach of public peace.
The Prosecutor, ASP Foluke Adedosu, told the court that the defendants, along with others at large, conspired to commit the offences.
She alleged that on March 18, at about 3:00am., at Odo-Aba Street, Muslim Area, Ibadan, Bello was found in possession of a human head and other dismembered body parts, believed to be those of late Mrs. Adebimpe Akinbo.
“A female human head, severed limbs, dried bones, and other remains stored in bags and a paint bucket were allegedly recovered from Bello’s house,” Adedosu told the court.
She alleged that Bello exhumed Akinbo’s body from Saint Andrews Anglican Church Cemetery in Awa-Ijebu, Ogun State, for ritual purposes.
Adedosu told the court that Adeleke knowingly bought the human parts from Bello for the same purpose.
The prosecutor said the defendants allegedly indecently interfered with and desecrated the body of the deceased by exhuming and dismembering it.
She added that their actions disrupted public peace and violated Sections 242 (1)(b), 249 (d), 329A, and 516 of the Oyo State Criminal Code Laws, 2000.
Both defendants pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Magistrate, Mrs. A.T. Oyediji, granted them bail in the sum of N500,000 each, with two sureties in like sum.
She then adjourned the case to May 8 for further hearing.
NAN
Metro
Gatmash, Access Bank Launch ‘PAD Me A Girl Initiative’ to Revolutionalise Menstrual Hygiene

Access Bank Plc, a leading financial institution in Nigeria, has partnered “PAD Me A Girl Initiative,” a project of GATMASH MEDIA, to launched a ‘Pad Bank’ at Area 1, Internally Displaced Persons Camp (IDP), Durumi, Abuja.
The launching which took place today, 3rd April, 2025, is a project of GATMASH MEDIA, aimed at providing free sanitary pads to girls and women.
Theresa Moses, the Convener of the “PAD Me A Girl Initiative,” in her welcome remarks emphasized the importance of menstrual hygiene while encouraging young girls and women to prioritize their health.
She observed that this initiative marks a significant milestone in promoting menstrual hygiene and providing reusable sanitary pads to young girls and women in need.
Highlighting the alarming statistics of menstrual poverty in Nigeria, she disclosed that about 37% of menstruating girls and women lack access to sanitary pads due to financial constraints.
According to Theresa Moses, the project would help to educate young girls and women on proper menstrual hygiene practices, while dispelling various myths and misconceptions surrounding menstruation.
“The ‘PAD Bank’ will provide reusable sanitary pads, reducing waste and promoting sustainability while making menstrual products more accessible for free.
“The initiative seeks to break the silence surrounding menstruation, encouraging open conversations and promoting a culture of understanding and support,” Theresa Moses reiterated.
On her part, Mrs. Blessing Jonah Amos, Parenting Coach, led an informative session on menstrual hygiene, usage of reusable sanitary pads, and healthy lifestyle practices.
The Divisional Police Officer, Area 1, CSP Ola Rotimi Ebidero, provided valuable security tips to women and young girls, urging them to report suspicious activities to the police.
The Access “PAD Me A Girl Initiative” has partnership with several organizations, including Checkers Custard which distributed Checkers Custard and Checkers Custard Pap Flavour, Vita Baites Foods markers of delicious and crunchy ‘kuli-kuli’ which distributed their products and Jeffrey Kuraun Foundation, ProStar, and more.
Exercise books and other writing materials, cartons of Instant noodles, bags of sachets water were among the items distributed during the exercise.
The launch of ‘PAD Bank’ marks a significant step in addressing menstrual poverty and promoting menstrual hygiene education, as the initiative aims to expand its frontiers, providing support to more communities and individuals.
By partnering with organizations and individuals, the “PAD Me A Girl Initiative” seeks to create a society where menstrual hygiene is prioritized, and young girls and women can thrive without limitation, and robust access to pads for their personal hygiene.
Metro
Tinubu Felicitates with Aare EmmanuelKing at 50

Nigeria’s President, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has congratulated the Chairman, Adron Group, Aare Adetola Olaniyi Emmanuel-King, as he celebrates his 50th birthday.
The President, according to a statement by his Special Adviser, Information and Strategy, Mr. Bayo Onanuga, “joins family, friends, and well-wishers to celebrate the entrepreneur and philanthropist who has remained steadfast in making affordable housing accessible to many Nigerians.
“Aare Emmanuel-King, with over 62 estates and a workforce of 3,000, has received numerous chieftaincy titles and awards in property and estate development, including Lagos State Man of the Year (2019) and Property Developer of the Year (2021).
“President Tinubu commends the real estate developer for his contributions to the government’s vision of reducing the nation’s housing deficit.
“The President wishes Aare Emmanuel-King joyful celebrations and continued success in his endeavours.”