Connect with us

Entertainment

BBNaija S11: Why I Voluntarily Left Big Brother House – Neche

Published

on

Big Brother Naija Season 11 housemate, Chinaecherem Maduagwu, popularly known as Neche, has explained why she voluntarily exited the reality television show, saying she chose to prioritise what matters most to her outside the competition.

Neche announced her exit from the Big Brother house on Sunday, shortly after the live eviction show.

In an official statement shared on her official X account on Tuesday, her team said her departure was not the outcome they had expected when she entered the reality show.

“This was not the ending any of us imagined,” the statement began.

According to the statement, Neche entered the Big Brother Naija house determined to give her best and make the most of the experience.

It added that within three weeks, she became more than a housemate, connecting with viewers who supported and identified with her.

“Neche was a worthy competitor. She had the drive, the personality, the intelligence and the presence to go very far in this competition,” the team said.

The statement maintained that the support Neche received from viewers was earned through her personality and authenticity.

It, however, acknowledged that her decision to leave came at a difficult time, especially as some fans had hoped to see her remain in the competition until the finale.

“Some of you had already seen the winner in her. Some of you were ready to fight, vote, campaign and stand beside her all the way to the finale,” the statement said.

The team said fans wanted Neche to have more days in the house, more wins and more memorable moments, adding that her exit was painful for both the housemate and her supporters.

However, the statement explained that the decision was driven by the need to attend to matters outside the reality show.

“But sometimes, life asks us to make difficult decisions even when the timing is not perfect,” it said.

The team described Neche’s decision as an act of courage rather than weakness, urging fans to understand her choice from that perspective.

“The same strength that made Neche a standout in that house is the strength behind this decision. Life doesn’t pause for reality TV, and sometimes the bravest thing a person can do is choose what matters most, even when the world is watching,” the statement said.

The statement further said Neche had chosen herself outside the reality show, describing the decision as consistent with the qualities viewers had admired in her.

“Neche didn’t leave BBNaija, she simply chose herself outside of it,” the team said.

Despite her departure, the team assured fans that Neche’s journey was far from over, describing her exit as the beginning of a bigger chapter.

“This is not goodbye. This is the beginning of something bigger,” it said.

The team noted that although Neche would no longer compete for the season’s prize money, her future remained open to new opportunities.

It also urged her supporters, known as CHEYTARS, to remain supportive as she begins her next chapter.

“CHEYTARS, stay close. Stay loud. She’s going to need you more than ever,” the statement said.

The team added that Neche’s media rounds would commence soon, with the former housemate expected to speak directly about her experience on the show.

It thanked everyone who supported Neche and believed she could win the competition, while also appreciating Big Brother Naija for giving her the opportunity to participate in the reality show.

Neche’s voluntary exit means she will no longer compete for the ultimate prize in BBNaija Season 11, bringing her three-week stay in Biggie’s house to an early end.

Continue Reading
Advertisement


Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Davido Clarifies, Says Osogbo Incident Has Nothing to Do with Him or Gov Adeleke

Published

on

Afrobeats star, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has said the attack that occurred outside the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji, on Wednesday had nothing to do with him or his uncle, Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke.

Davido made the clarification in a post on his official X account on Wednesday, shortly after suspected hoodlums reportedly attacked the governor’s convoy following his visit to the monarch’s palace.

“It was a fight outside the palace that had nothing to do with us! The pple love excellency!” the singer wrote.

It was earlier reported that the attack reportedly triggered an exchange of gunfire between the suspected hoodlums and the governor’s security personnel, with the shooting lasting between 12 and 15 minutes.

An eyewitness said the assailants later fled the scene, while the incident caused panic among traders and residents around the palace.

Confirming the attack, the Osun State Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Kolapo Alimi, said the governor’s security personnel repelled the assailants.

“They are hoodlums, and the governor’s security repelled them. They attacked the governor’s convoy at Ataoja’s palace. No casualty,” Alimi said.

The incident occurred on the same day Adeleke received his Certificate of Return from the Independent National Electoral Commission following his re-election as governor.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Tyla Cancels Lagos Concert Following Backlash

Published

on

South African Singer, Tyla has cancelled her planned concert in Lagos after backlash from Nigerians over the xenophobic attacks against Nigerians and other Africans living in South Africa.

Rather than directly address the uproar over the planned concert and the opposition from notable Nigerians like social media activist, Martin Vincent Otse, popularly called, VeryDarkMan, and other Nigerians on social media, the South African singer chose to remove Lagos from the list of cities she is scheduled to visit during her A-Pop World tour.

Social media influencer, VeryDarkMan, in a video post, warned the singer and the promoters of her concert against bringing the singer to Lagos amidst the ongoing xenophobic attacks that has led to the death of many Nigerians living in the rainbow country.

He also criticised Tyla for her silence in the face of the deadly attacks.

In his video post, VDM stated: “There will be no Tyla concert in Nigeria. It is not happening. This is a warning to the organizers and the show promoters bringing Tyla to Nigeria. That show is not happening.

“Not when Chidinma Adetshina is battling deportation in South African court. Now you want to bring in Tyla and sell tickets so that Tyla will make money off Nigerians. The same Nigerians that South Africans hate so much.

“This is a warning to you, if you go ahead with that show, we will come to the venue and we will bring the show down.”

Other notable Nigerians on social media have also called for a total boycott of the concert to retaliate the attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

BBNaija Season 11 Begins July 26, Offers N160m Grand Prize

Published

on

MultiChoice Nigeria has announced that the 11th season of Big Brother Naija (BBNaija) will premiere on Sunday, July 26, 2026, and the winner to receive a record-breaking grand prize of N160 million.

The announcement was made during a press briefing on Wednesday, and organisers said the prize package, comprising N100 million in cash and a brand-new SUV, is the highest in the reality show’s history.

The launch show will air from 7pm on Africa Magic Showcase and Africa Magic Family. The 24-hour live channel will be available on DStv Channel 198 and GOtv Channel 49, while viewers can also watch via DStv Stream and GOtv Stream.

Preparations for the new season began earlier this year with physical auditions held from May 22 to 24 in Lagos, Abuja and Enugu after shortlisted applicants were invited to participate.

Participation was free, with eligibility limited to individuals aged 21 years and above who possessed valid means of identification.

The upcoming edition follows the conclusion of Season 10 on October 5, 2025, when Opeyemi Ayanwale, popularly known as Imisi, emerged winner after defeating 28 other contestants. Imisi received a prize package worth N150 million, comprising N80 million in cash and an SUV.

Speaking on the new season, Atinuke Babatunde, Executive Head, Content and Channels, West Africa, MultiChoice, said the show would continue to build on its success.

“Big Brother Naija has consistently redefined entertainment in Africa by bringing together authentic storytelling, compelling personalities and moments that resonate with millions of viewers.

“Season 11 builds on that legacy with even bigger stakes, fresh twists and an exciting mix of housemates that will keep audiences engaged from premiere night through to the finale.”

The organisers also announced a new lineup of sponsors, with betPawa joining Big Brother Naija as the headline sponsor.

Commenting on the partnership, Borah Omary Ndanyungu, Head of Local Marketing & CSR, betPawa, said: “At betPawa, we believe in creating unforgettable experiences that bring people together through the things they are passionate about.

“Big Brother Naija is one of Africa’s most celebrated entertainment properties, and we are proud to come on board as Headline Sponsor for Season 11. We look forward to rewarding fans, deepening engagement throughout the season and delivering exciting experiences that complement the energy and excitement of the show.”

Guinness returns as the Gold Sponsor, while Minimie joins as an Associate Sponsor.

On the partnerships, Babatunde said: “We are delighted to welcome betPawa as our Headline Sponsor alongside Guinness and Minimie, whose partnership reflects the enduring value and impact of the Big Brother Naija platform.”

Since its return in 2017, Big Brother Naija has grown beyond a reality television programme into one of Africa’s biggest entertainment franchises, producing household names, creating jobs across the creative industry and shaping popular culture.

Ebuka Obi-Uchendu will return as host for Season 11, with organisers promising new twists, strategic gameplay, competitive tasks and entertaining challenges throughout the season.

Eligible subscribers will be able to vote through the MyDStv and MyGOtv self-service apps. Viewers can also increase their voting benefits by upgrading their subscription packages or renewing for multiple months.

Continue Reading