The Trustees of Olashore International School Association – Proprietor of Olashore International School (OIS), a private co-educational boarding secondary school in Iloko-Ijesha, Osun State, has inaugurated a Five-member panel of inquiry into an alleged sexual assault claim by an ex-student of Olashore International School Obiamaka Azubuike.
Ms. Azubuike had in December 2021 via a social media post alleged that she was 18 years ago sexually assaulted by 13 of her fellow students in the school. Azubuike who was a student of the school between September 1998 and July 2004 also in her allegation claimed that the school tried to cover up the incident when the case was reported to the school’s management and striped her of her prefectship.
The Five-man panel of inquiry is composed of the following members:
1)Justice Olusola Williams Rtd – Retired Judge of the Lagos High Court and serves on the Board of Mirabel Centre – Chairperson
2)Dr Alero Roberts – Lecturer, Public Health Consultant and serves on the Board of Corona Trust Council
3)Mrs Adeyinka Adefope – Educationist and Safeguarding Consultant
4)Dr Sade Olajubu – Forensic Psychiatrist
5) Mr Ebuka Ekeanyanwu – Legal Practitioner
The ex-student in her claims among other reliefs is demanding that;
• The school makes a publicly apology to her in print and on social media.
• Reinstate the records to show that she was a school prefect in the school and also grant a zoom ceremony where she will be awarded the honors she allegedly earned.
According to a statement issued by Mrs Olapeju Sofowora, Chairperson, Olashore International School Association, the panel which was inaugurated by the Association’s Board of Trustees is charged to examine what truly transpired 18 years ago and make recommendations as considered fit.
The panel is expected to commence sitting immediately and conclude their inquiry within 8 weeks.
Lady Abduct, Murder Corper to Snatch Her Boyfriend
The Federal Capital Territory Commissioner of Police, Sunday Babaji, has said the late 26-year-old National Youth Service Corps member, Terungwa Stephanie, was allegedly killed from exposure to a corrosive substance.
The commissioner disclosed this while parading three suspects in connection to her death at the FCT Police Command on Monday in Abuja.
The suspects are: Jenifer Tsembe ‘f’, 26, Monday Simon (a.k.a Black) ‘m’, 36, and Solomon Abu ‘m’, 35.
Babaji revealed that the suspects conspired to kidnap the victim in order for Jennifer to have her alleged lover, one Edward Achadu, all to herself.
He said, “Our investigation revealed that the suspects criminally conspired and murdered the victim to separate her from Edward Achadu so that Jennifer Tsembe, one of the suspects and an estranged lover of Edward, could have him all to herself, especially for pecuniary benefits.
Tsembe told The PUNCH that she only conspired to abduct Jennifer and demand ransom from Achadu, but had no intention to kill her.
She also alleged that one of the other male suspects, Solomon, initiated the plan of the abduction.
However, the other suspects confessed that Tsembe, who is friends with the deceased, had conceived the plan for the deceased to come to her house where she requested their help to tie her upon her arrival. They alleged that after they had played their part, Tsembe instructed them to go away leaving the suspect, deceased and her child behind.
Simon said after he left, Tsembe had called him to say she needed help with the body because the deceased had died. Black, however, alleged that the suspect had already bathed her with acid by the time he arrived at the scene.
The Police commissioner, thereafter, said the Command had intensified investigation to reveal facts that could lead to further arrests of any other fleeing participant(s) in the criminal act.
He said, “The suspects will be charged to court. The command has intensified investigation to reveal facts that could lead to the arrest of any other fleeing participant(s) in the criminal act.
Terungwa Stephanie went missing after she reportedly left home with her one year plus five-months-old son on April 14, 2022, and never returned. Her son was later recovered at the Holy Trinity Catholic Church upon a call placed through to one of the paternal relatives a day after.
Police Declare Fleeing Suspected Killers of Deborah in Viral Video Wanted
The Nigeria Police Force, Sokoto State Command, have declared fleeing suspects captured in viral video of the killing and subsequent setting on fire of Deborah Samuel wanted for culpable homicide.
The deceased, who was, until her death, a 200-level student of Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto, was accused of blasphemy after which some of her classmates among others stoned her to death before setting her body on fire within the school premises.
This was contained in a press release signed by the command’s public relations officer, ASP Sanusi Abubakar, and made available to newsmen in the state on Tuesday
He further explained that those arrested at the scene of the incident while dispersing the mob had been charged to court and the court remanded them in prison.
“The Sokoto State Command under the able leadership of the Commissioner of Police, CP Kamaldeen Okunlola, has declared the suspects spotted on the viral video wanted.
“The Command is using these medium to reiterate its commitment towards apprehending the suspects. The command has already deployed all its intelligence and on the lookout for the suspects .
“Members of the public are enjoined to cooperate with the police and report any mere identification to the command or any security outfit in their domain.”
“The command can be reached through its emergency number 07068848035,” he added.
Suspected Killers of Deborah Samuel Plead Not Guilty, Remanded in Prison Custody
Police on Monday arraigned two suspects, Bilyaminu Aliyu and Aminu Hukunci over the lynching of a 200-Level Home Economics student of Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto State, Deborah Samuel, on May 12.
The suspects, co-students of the deceased, were arraigned at a Sokoto Chief Magistrates’ Court for their alleged participation in the crime.
They pleaded not guilty to the crime.
Prosecuting Inspector Khalil Musa told the court that an investigation was in progress as Deborah’s corpse was still in a morgue at the Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto.
Leading a team of 34 lawyers, the defence counsel, Prof. Mansur Ibrahim, applied for their bail on liberal terms, citing constitutional provisions and sections of the Administration of Criminal Justice Law.
The trial judge (name withheld for security reasons) reserved the ruling on the bail application and ordered the accused to be remanded at a correctional centre.
Before she was lynched, Deborah was accused of blasphemy on a WhatsApp chat platform set up by her course mates and refused to retract her post after she was asked to pull it down.
A violent street protest followed the arrest of suspects linked to the lynching of Deborah as the protesters demanded their immediate release by security operatives.
Governor Aminu Tambuwal consequently imposed a 24-hour curfew on Sokoto metropolis on Saturday. He relaxed the curfew on Monday to be observed from dusk to dawn.