Entertainment
This is My Worst Marriage Ever, Mr Ibu Laments
- /home/rhoncare/pointblank.ng/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://pointblank.ng/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Mr-Ibu.jpg&description=This is My Worst Marriage Ever, Mr Ibu Laments', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/rhoncare/pointblank.ng/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 69
https://pointblank.ng/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Mr-Ibu.jpg&description=This is My Worst Marriage Ever, Mr Ibu Laments', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
By Eric Elezuo
Nollywood actor, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr Ibu has said that his fifth and present marriage is the worst he has had.
Mr Ibu made the remarks when he granted an exclusive interview to The Punch on the crises bedeviling his home and the allegation that he was sleeping with his adopted daughter, Jasmine. The allegation was made by his wife.
“This is my final marriage. If this one falls apart, I won’t marry again. This is my fifth and the worst marriage, because my wife adopted what is not obtainable. This feels like punishment; not marriage. I doubt if I am still in the marriage, because it seems she has already prepared her mind to leave, and I’m not going to stop her. I support her leaving. Each time I see her, I begin to breathe erratically, and it is not good for me, because I am not ready to die. There are opportunities God exposed me to that are of interest to me,” the actor said.
Ibu, who had gone through four unsuccessful marriages before the fifth and present one, has been in the news recently for some reasons not very palatable. He was said to have recovered from poison attacks, which almost claimed his life. A reason he had vowed never to eat food cooked by his wife again.
“Since the recent incident, she has been so loving. But, I know it is all a pretence just to get my attention. I still show her love, providing money for domestic needs and making sure the family is fine. But, I am very skeptical. I cannot eat her food anymore. For now, I only eat from Jasmine’s kitchen. She cooks a lot, and I like eating,” Ibu said.
Entertainment
BBNaija S11: Why I Voluntarily Left Big Brother House – Neche
Big Brother Naija Season 11 housemate, Chinaecherem Maduagwu, popularly known as Neche, has explained why she voluntarily exited the reality television show, saying she chose to prioritise what matters most to her outside the competition.
Neche announced her exit from the Big Brother house on Sunday, shortly after the live eviction show.
In an official statement shared on her official X account on Tuesday, her team said her departure was not the outcome they had expected when she entered the reality show.
“This was not the ending any of us imagined,” the statement began.
According to the statement, Neche entered the Big Brother Naija house determined to give her best and make the most of the experience.
It added that within three weeks, she became more than a housemate, connecting with viewers who supported and identified with her.
“Neche was a worthy competitor. She had the drive, the personality, the intelligence and the presence to go very far in this competition,” the team said.
The statement maintained that the support Neche received from viewers was earned through her personality and authenticity.
It, however, acknowledged that her decision to leave came at a difficult time, especially as some fans had hoped to see her remain in the competition until the finale.
“Some of you had already seen the winner in her. Some of you were ready to fight, vote, campaign and stand beside her all the way to the finale,” the statement said.
The team said fans wanted Neche to have more days in the house, more wins and more memorable moments, adding that her exit was painful for both the housemate and her supporters.
However, the statement explained that the decision was driven by the need to attend to matters outside the reality show.
“But sometimes, life asks us to make difficult decisions even when the timing is not perfect,” it said.
The team described Neche’s decision as an act of courage rather than weakness, urging fans to understand her choice from that perspective.
“The same strength that made Neche a standout in that house is the strength behind this decision. Life doesn’t pause for reality TV, and sometimes the bravest thing a person can do is choose what matters most, even when the world is watching,” the statement said.
The statement further said Neche had chosen herself outside the reality show, describing the decision as consistent with the qualities viewers had admired in her.
“Neche didn’t leave BBNaija, she simply chose herself outside of it,” the team said.
Despite her departure, the team assured fans that Neche’s journey was far from over, describing her exit as the beginning of a bigger chapter.
“This is not goodbye. This is the beginning of something bigger,” it said.
The team noted that although Neche would no longer compete for the season’s prize money, her future remained open to new opportunities.
It also urged her supporters, known as CHEYTARS, to remain supportive as she begins her next chapter.
“CHEYTARS, stay close. Stay loud. She’s going to need you more than ever,” the statement said.
The team added that Neche’s media rounds would commence soon, with the former housemate expected to speak directly about her experience on the show.
It thanked everyone who supported Neche and believed she could win the competition, while also appreciating Big Brother Naija for giving her the opportunity to participate in the reality show.
Neche’s voluntary exit means she will no longer compete for the ultimate prize in BBNaija Season 11, bringing her three-week stay in Biggie’s house to an early end.
Entertainment
Davido Clarifies, Says Osogbo Incident Has Nothing to Do with Him or Gov Adeleke
Afrobeats star, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has said the attack that occurred outside the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji, on Wednesday had nothing to do with him or his uncle, Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke.
Davido made the clarification in a post on his official X account on Wednesday, shortly after suspected hoodlums reportedly attacked the governor’s convoy following his visit to the monarch’s palace.
“It was a fight outside the palace that had nothing to do with us! The pple love excellency!” the singer wrote.
It was earlier reported that the attack reportedly triggered an exchange of gunfire between the suspected hoodlums and the governor’s security personnel, with the shooting lasting between 12 and 15 minutes.
An eyewitness said the assailants later fled the scene, while the incident caused panic among traders and residents around the palace.
Confirming the attack, the Osun State Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Kolapo Alimi, said the governor’s security personnel repelled the assailants.
“They are hoodlums, and the governor’s security repelled them. They attacked the governor’s convoy at Ataoja’s palace. No casualty,” Alimi said.
The incident occurred on the same day Adeleke received his Certificate of Return from the Independent National Electoral Commission following his re-election as governor.
Entertainment
Tyla Cancels Lagos Concert Following Backlash
South African Singer, Tyla has cancelled her planned concert in Lagos after backlash from Nigerians over the xenophobic attacks against Nigerians and other Africans living in South Africa.
Rather than directly address the uproar over the planned concert and the opposition from notable Nigerians like social media activist, Martin Vincent Otse, popularly called, VeryDarkMan, and other Nigerians on social media, the South African singer chose to remove Lagos from the list of cities she is scheduled to visit during her A-Pop World tour.
Social media influencer, VeryDarkMan, in a video post, warned the singer and the promoters of her concert against bringing the singer to Lagos amidst the ongoing xenophobic attacks that has led to the death of many Nigerians living in the rainbow country.
He also criticised Tyla for her silence in the face of the deadly attacks.
In his video post, VDM stated: “There will be no Tyla concert in Nigeria. It is not happening. This is a warning to the organizers and the show promoters bringing Tyla to Nigeria. That show is not happening.
“Not when Chidinma Adetshina is battling deportation in South African court. Now you want to bring in Tyla and sell tickets so that Tyla will make money off Nigerians. The same Nigerians that South Africans hate so much.
“This is a warning to you, if you go ahead with that show, we will come to the venue and we will bring the show down.”
Other notable Nigerians on social media have also called for a total boycott of the concert to retaliate the attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.






