The multi-award winning Nigerian Afrobeat musician and singer-songwriter, Lagbaja was born Bisade Ologunde in 1960 in Lagos, Nigeria.
He is a descent of Odogun’s Compound, Ijagbo Community in Oyun Local Government Area of Kwara State. In March 1997, he established his club called “Motherlan” in the heart of Ikeja in Lagos.
He won the Best Male Video for his video “Never Far Away” at the 2006 Channel O Music Video Awards.
He is currently signed to Motherlan’ Music and is also the ambassador of Globacom. The 55-years-old Nigerian instrumentalist has definitely paved a successful career for himself in the entertainment industry.
Below are more revelations about the celebrated instrumentalist and singer-songwriter:
1. Lagbaja was born Bisade Ologunde in 1960 in Lagos, Nigeria.
2. He is a descent of Odogun’s Compound, Ijagbo Community in Oyun Local Government Area of Kwara State.
3. He mentioned in an interview that his mask is used as an icon of man’s facelessness.
4. Lagbaja is a Yoruba word that means “nobody in particular”.
5. He mentioned in an interview that the mask and the name symbolize the faceless, the voiceless in the society, particularly in Africa.
6. He released his national acclaim debut album titled “Lagbaja” in 1993, the album was well received and received a lot of airplay all over the country.
7. His groovy fusion has been referred to as afrojazz, afrobeat, higherlife and afropop until now that he himself has christened the music AFRICANO, alluding mostly to the central role
of African drums and grooves in his music.
8. In March 1997, he established his club called “Motherlan” in the heart of Ikeja in Lagos. It was influenced by the traditional African town or market square, where people gather
under the moonlight for ceremonies and artistic events like dance, music and storytelling.
9. He won the Best Male Video for his video “Never Far Away” at the 2006 Channel O Music Video Awards.
10. He is currently signed to Motherlan’ Music. He is also an ambassador with Globacom.
You’re Dumb If You Shame Those Who Do Honest Hard Work – Simi
Singer-songwriter, Simisola Ogunleye, alias Simi has come for those who see nothing wrong in shaming poor people who work hard to make a living.
The mother of one took to her Twitter page on Thursday to share that people who shame others who work hard for their money are actually broke but would rather ignore that just to mock hardworking people.
According to the award-winning Afro-pop star, people who do that are very dumb.
‘‘If you shame people for doing honest, hard work to eat, talmbout “they are peasants”, you dumb. Meanwhile you broke. Broke and proud and loud af in ur dirty briefs”, she tweeted.
Actress Appears in Public in Transparent Dress, Lambast Fan
Nollywood actress, Uche Ogbodo has found time to reply to a troll who criticized her for wearing a see-through outfit.
The movie star had shared a photo of herself in a lovely animal print see-through gown on her Instagram page.
A troll who saw the picture and felt like dropping a piece of unsolicited advice in her comments section told the actress to stop wearing such clothes because she has passed the stage of posting such photos.
‘‘Must you… u don pass this kind pix na”
The actress then simply replied that the follower is not okay.
”u are not ok’‘, she wrote.
‘My Sugar Mummy Only Calls Me When She Wants Sex’
Nigerian Singer, Joeboy has opened up on his relationship status and revealed that he has a sugar mama.
While a lot of artists avoid answering questions on their relationship life, Joeboy however, wasn’t shy about sharing details about it.
In a recent interview on BeatFM, the singer revealed that he is Single but not searching as he has a lot of female friends.
He also revealed that he has a sugar mommy and she inspired the “Sugar mama” off his recent album, “Somewhere Between Beauty and Magic“.
When asked about the sugar mommy’s identity, he refused to mention her name. He also said their relationship was Okay.