Metro
Kogi Housewife Fakes Own Kidnap, Arrested

A middle-aged housewife, Mrs Yemi Samuel, has been arrested by men of the Kwara State Police Command for allegedly faking her own kidnap in Kabba, Kogi State.
Samuel was among the nine suspects paraded by the police in Ilorin on Wednesday.
Three other suspects, Jenmo Usman, 27; Iliashu Mohammed, 25; and Maude Umaru, 21, suspected to be Fulani herdsmen, were apprehended for alleged kidnapping, criminal intimidation and conspiracy.
The trio were alleged to have conspired and threatened their employer, one Sarafa Yusuf, on the telephone that they would kidnap him if he failed to give them N2m.
The Kwara State Commissioner of Police, Mr Kayode Egbetokun, said Samuel, who lives in Kabba, allegedly went into hiding at her parents’ home in Ilorin and claimed that she was kidnapped by unknown persons while she was cleaning the compound, and taken to an unknown destination.
Egbetokun stated that from her hideout, the suspect demanded N5m ransom, which was later reduced to N1m.
The CP said her husband and family members was able to raise N500,000, which was taken to Iluke in the Kabba/Bunu Local Government Area of Kogi State.
Egbetokun said before the completion of the transaction, State Intelligence Bureau operatives had tracked the suspect to the Kulende area of Ilorin, where she was arrested.
The CP stated, “On June 15, 2019, around 5.30am, Mrs Yemi Samuel hatched a self-kidnap scenario; she left her home and went into hiding, claiming that she had been kidnapped while cleaning the compound by unknown persons and taken to an unknown destination, adding that her abductors had demanded N5m ransom for her release.
“She added that her kidnappers weren’t willing to talk to anyone on the phone due to fear of their voices been recognised. She later called and said that the ransom had been reduced to N1m.
“Effort was intensified and N500,000 was arranged by her husband as well as family members and well-wishers.
“She directed them to take the money to Iluke town, but before the transaction could be effected, SIB operatives in Kwara, led by the officer in charge, Saka Fagade, tracked the suspect to the Kulende area, Sango, Ilorin, and arrested her. She had hid herself in her parents’ rented apartment.”
Samuel, who said she was a Mathematics graduate, confessed to committing the crime in order to raise money for her husband, whom she said was poor.
“I’m a graduate of Mathematics and I live in Kabba with my husband. Things are hard for us and my husband is not finding life easy; so I decided to raise money for him from members of his family; that was why I went to hide myself thinking that his family would raise the money for him to rescue me,” she stated.
As for the three suspects, who allegedly demanded N2m from their boss so that they would not kidnap him, Egbetokun said, “On June 10, 2019, one Sarafa Yusuf of the Kebe Compound, Ilota via Idofian, Kwara State, reported that on June 9, 2019, around 6pm, he received a phone call and the caller demanded N2m from him or else he would be kidnapped and killed.
“Based on this, the complainant made an arrangement with the police on where to drop the money, which was at the Iyana Eleja junction via Idofian.
“It was later discovered that one Jenmo Usman, an employee of the complainant, was the one who picked the polythene bag containing the money at 11.30am and he was immediately arrested by the police. His arrest led to the nabbing of two other suspects, Iliasu Mohammed and Maude Umaru, who also work for the complainant.”
Egbetokun added that all the suspects would soon be charged to court upon the completion of investigation into the respective cases.
The CP also said five other suspects were apprehended in connection with last week’s protest in Ilorin by commercial motorcyclists.
He added that they were arrested for conspiracy, inciting public disturbance, disturbance of the public peace, rioting with dangerous weapons, intimidation and causing grievous hurt and mischief by fire.
The Punch
Metro
Two Ibadan Men Docked Over Possession of Human Skull, Other Body Parts

Two men, Ridwan Bello aka ‘Asalailu’ and Fatai Adeleke, have been arraigned before an Iyaganku Chief Magistrate Court in Ibadan, Oyo State, for alleged unlawful possession of a human head and other body parts of a female corpse.
Bello, 42, of Odo-Aba Street, and Fatai Adeleke, 70, of an unknown address were arraigned on four count charges of conspiracy, possession of a human head, interference with the dead, and breach of public peace.
The Prosecutor, ASP Foluke Adedosu, told the court that the defendants, along with others at large, conspired to commit the offences.
She alleged that on March 18, at about 3:00am., at Odo-Aba Street, Muslim Area, Ibadan, Bello was found in possession of a human head and other dismembered body parts, believed to be those of late Mrs. Adebimpe Akinbo.
“A female human head, severed limbs, dried bones, and other remains stored in bags and a paint bucket were allegedly recovered from Bello’s house,” Adedosu told the court.
She alleged that Bello exhumed Akinbo’s body from Saint Andrews Anglican Church Cemetery in Awa-Ijebu, Ogun State, for ritual purposes.
Adedosu told the court that Adeleke knowingly bought the human parts from Bello for the same purpose.
The prosecutor said the defendants allegedly indecently interfered with and desecrated the body of the deceased by exhuming and dismembering it.
She added that their actions disrupted public peace and violated Sections 242 (1)(b), 249 (d), 329A, and 516 of the Oyo State Criminal Code Laws, 2000.
Both defendants pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Magistrate, Mrs. A.T. Oyediji, granted them bail in the sum of N500,000 each, with two sureties in like sum.
She then adjourned the case to May 8 for further hearing.
NAN
Metro
Gatmash, Access Bank Launch ‘PAD Me A Girl Initiative’ to Revolutionalise Menstrual Hygiene

Access Bank Plc, a leading financial institution in Nigeria, has partnered “PAD Me A Girl Initiative,” a project of GATMASH MEDIA, to launched a ‘Pad Bank’ at Area 1, Internally Displaced Persons Camp (IDP), Durumi, Abuja.
The launching which took place today, 3rd April, 2025, is a project of GATMASH MEDIA, aimed at providing free sanitary pads to girls and women.
Theresa Moses, the Convener of the “PAD Me A Girl Initiative,” in her welcome remarks emphasized the importance of menstrual hygiene while encouraging young girls and women to prioritize their health.
She observed that this initiative marks a significant milestone in promoting menstrual hygiene and providing reusable sanitary pads to young girls and women in need.
Highlighting the alarming statistics of menstrual poverty in Nigeria, she disclosed that about 37% of menstruating girls and women lack access to sanitary pads due to financial constraints.
According to Theresa Moses, the project would help to educate young girls and women on proper menstrual hygiene practices, while dispelling various myths and misconceptions surrounding menstruation.
“The ‘PAD Bank’ will provide reusable sanitary pads, reducing waste and promoting sustainability while making menstrual products more accessible for free.
“The initiative seeks to break the silence surrounding menstruation, encouraging open conversations and promoting a culture of understanding and support,” Theresa Moses reiterated.
On her part, Mrs. Blessing Jonah Amos, Parenting Coach, led an informative session on menstrual hygiene, usage of reusable sanitary pads, and healthy lifestyle practices.
The Divisional Police Officer, Area 1, CSP Ola Rotimi Ebidero, provided valuable security tips to women and young girls, urging them to report suspicious activities to the police.
The Access “PAD Me A Girl Initiative” has partnership with several organizations, including Checkers Custard which distributed Checkers Custard and Checkers Custard Pap Flavour, Vita Baites Foods markers of delicious and crunchy ‘kuli-kuli’ which distributed their products and Jeffrey Kuraun Foundation, ProStar, and more.
Exercise books and other writing materials, cartons of Instant noodles, bags of sachets water were among the items distributed during the exercise.
The launch of ‘PAD Bank’ marks a significant step in addressing menstrual poverty and promoting menstrual hygiene education, as the initiative aims to expand its frontiers, providing support to more communities and individuals.
By partnering with organizations and individuals, the “PAD Me A Girl Initiative” seeks to create a society where menstrual hygiene is prioritized, and young girls and women can thrive without limitation, and robust access to pads for their personal hygiene.
Metro
Tinubu Felicitates with Aare EmmanuelKing at 50

Nigeria’s President, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has congratulated the Chairman, Adron Group, Aare Adetola Olaniyi Emmanuel-King, as he celebrates his 50th birthday.
The President, according to a statement by his Special Adviser, Information and Strategy, Mr. Bayo Onanuga, “joins family, friends, and well-wishers to celebrate the entrepreneur and philanthropist who has remained steadfast in making affordable housing accessible to many Nigerians.
“Aare Emmanuel-King, with over 62 estates and a workforce of 3,000, has received numerous chieftaincy titles and awards in property and estate development, including Lagos State Man of the Year (2019) and Property Developer of the Year (2021).
“President Tinubu commends the real estate developer for his contributions to the government’s vision of reducing the nation’s housing deficit.
“The President wishes Aare Emmanuel-King joyful celebrations and continued success in his endeavours.”